Here you will find information on MOPS programs for the upcoming 2011-2012 school year. The goal of MOPS and MOPS programming is to assist Political Science graduate students at CU with their development as professional political scientists, and to assist incoming graduate students in adapting to graduate-level studies in the political science department at CU.
We Need Your Input
The MOPS programming is only useful if it serves the needs of our graduate students. If you are a grad student in the program, we want to hear from you. What do you want to know more about? What sort of workshops do you want us to offer?
Please contact Thomas Cook or Stefan Wojcik with suggestions. Email us, leave notes in our office box, flag us down on the street. We want to hear from you.
Upcoming Events:Below you will find a listing of events that we have scheduled for the year, as well as links to any additional files or information.
- LaTeX Workshop 1: September 23@Noon. Ketchum 116 In this workshop we will be covering the basics of the LaTeX scripting language, and how to write and render a simple LaTeX document. Click here for more information, including template files and links to helpful resources
- R Workshop 1: September 30@Noon. Ketchum 116 In this introductory workshop, Stefan and Johannes discuss how to get off and rolling in R, and how to make it work for you. Click here for more information, including template files and links to helpful resources
In The PipelineHere you will find a listing of workshops that we plan to offer in the 2011-2012 school year, but which we have not yet scheduled. This list is flexible and we will adding and removing programs as we receive feedback from the PSCI grad students. If you would like us to offer a workshop on a particular topic, but do not see it listed here, please contact us.
Planned Workshop Topics:
- General Organization
- Summer/Alternate Funding
- How to Make the Most out of ICPSR/Summer "Break"
- Presenting at Conferences: Do's and Do Not Do's
- The Publishing Process
- Comprehensive Exams: How to Prepare
- Professional Websites and Other Forms of Shameless Self-Promotion